Sunday, December 28, 2008

CHAR SIEW-HOME MADE ROAST PORK BELLY

My children loves to eat Char Siew (roast pork belly) so my wife cooks it at least once a month.

The ingredients are:
One kg of pork belly cut into 4 chunks of about 1 inch thick.
Marinate with :
One whole garlic-finely chopped.
Light soy sauce-5 tbsp
Dark soy sauce-1 tbsp
Castor sugar-3 tbsp
A few dash of ground pepper and some 5 Spices powder- for about an hour

Heat up wok with some cooking oil-Under low flame, fry marinated pork belly on both sides until fragrant. Cover it with a lid and let it cook and simmer for about 35 minutes. Add some water every now and then to prevent the gravy from thickening too much. Dish up and cut in bite size to serve.

Sweet, garlicky meaty and a bit fatty -roast pork belly.

2 comments:

Genie said...

This sounds so good! I wonder where I can even buy pork belly, yum. It's not something I ever see in the stores. I will have to go to a butcher, I think, and get some. You've got me very curious about it! If it's got the amount of fat in it that I suspect it does, then I'm going to absolutely love pork belly.

worldwindows said...

Just thinking of char siew had me hungry!